Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

Best way to find cheap flights from Eastern Canada to Frankfurt?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 10:14 AM
Canadian Traveller

Which is the cheapest online website, or best rated web site for this request?

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 11:30 AM
AA

There is no one cheapest web site. The big ones such as Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, etc.., will sometimes do better then the other ones, and some other times will do worst. Some of the consolidator sites will beat the big ones on occasion, but not all the time. You did not mention when and from where you will be traveling, but Air Canada could get you to Frankfurt from Montreal for $410US in mid-Nov. That's very reasonable. At that price there is not much room to play with. Good Luck!

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 02:40 PM
Canadian Traveller

I will want to go to Frankfurt in January from Saint John NB

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 09:58 AM
AA

Well, that makes it a little bit more expensive. I really don't know that part of the world(although I hear it's beautiful), I assume you're pretty much stuck with Air Canada. Unfortunately the price goes up to around $650.00US. Are there any regional airlines that could get you into Montreal or Toronto cheaply? Again, you will be traveling from somewhat remote area, so consolidator fares don't apply in your case, as they usually just offer tickets from big cities. Maybe somebody else has some other ideas, but at this time that's the best I could do.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 03:58 PM
cccanchick

To my fellow Canadian, try www.itravel2000.com its a cdn company quoting in cad. i use it all the time for hotels and found a great deal on my flight from Heathrow to Prague for $250.00 all taxes!! good luck with the search.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 06:07 PM
Rick

Your three best options for a cheap fare are:<BR><BR>1) See if your agent can get a consolidator fare. <BR><BR>2) See if you can save enough $ to warrant leaving out of Bangor.<BR><BR>3) Contact Lufthansa. I got two quotes this year, one from Lufthansa and one from Air Canada. The Air Canada quote was double Luftahansa..and the funny thing was it was a quote using the exact same flight (code share). <BR><BR>good luck