Using UA Miles to China?

Search

Using UA Miles to China?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Using UA Miles to China?

I'd like to use my UA saver miles later this year or early next year to get 2 RT business class tickets from IAD to BJS. Does anyone know how likely it would be that I could do so on this route? Also, does anyone know when UA will have all its business class cabins reconfigured, and whether this will limit the number of FF flights they offer? Thanks.
Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 01:06 PM

You do know that you don't have to fly UA only. It opens up more seat inventory if you don't mind using one of their *A partners. You are allowed to use just one or a combo of any of the airlines. Air China, ANA, Air Canada, are just some of the possibilities. Unfortunately booking partner award requires a call. I don't believe it's possible to book it on line at the moment.
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 04:31 PM

United has a nonstop IAD-PEK. Other *A carriers would require a connection.

I think that getting an economy class award would be highly likely. Less likely on business class. With the new seats there will be fewer seats per plane. You should take a look at the United forum on flyertalk for discussions on your questions.

Can only book UA metal awards at united.com but the ANA website performs searches that include the *A partners. I used that website to find availability on SQ and used the info to book an award with UA.
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 04:44 PM

No business class awards are available now for Oct 1 thru Jan2.

Good availability of first class. No first class award seat is available outbound on Dec 14, so if you use that date in the search then you will see a calendar showing available dates.

Lots of economy class. I tried a few dates and found availability each time.
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 04:45 PM

That last was based on searches at united.com so you might get better availability on a Star Alliance partner by calling.