Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines First Class

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Melanie

Has anyone flown Alaska's first class? What were your impressions? Seats? Comfy? Food? Service? Thanks in advance

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 05:54 AM
Stewart

TTT cause I was wondering about this too

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 07:14 AM
AA

Nothing special. Nicer seats, more room, rest is just about average. The FAs are usually nice and helpful. Not worth the money on short flights, and hard to upgrade on longer flights due to the MVPs and Gold members grabbing those first. You could get lucky, but the $50 upgrade is only available at the check-in desk. Some time ago you could have called within 24 hours of the flight, no more.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Melanie

How's the food compared with coach. Oh, and thank you for your reply.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 10:15 AM
Meg

I like Alaska's first class, especially for short flights. Compared to America West and some other carriers their service is FAR better. The food is good. Alaska being one of the only airlines left to serve food in coach on flights that are even two hours long, has okay food in coach and much better food in first. I fly them freuently up and down the west coast. They are hands down the best domestic airline for service in my opinion.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 11:40 AM
Bump

Bump

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 12:30 PM
sss

I have flown 1st on them alot of times. The service is not always the same on each flight, it depends on the flight attendants. Some are lazy as hell. I have to say they do have pretty good food and snacks in 1st. <BR> I wouldn't bother to upgrade if the flight was less then 2 hours long.<BR> My last flight in May was to Mexico and the flight attendent served us drinks and dinner right after take off from Puerto Vallarta and she was attentive for about 1 hour. After that she sat on her butt reading something and finally came back to serve us about 30/45 minutes out of San francisco. So we were still in Mexico airspace when she decided to take her break. I was rather surprised to have to go ask for somthing to drink, normally if you are in 1st they cater to you. I have noticed on a few flights that some of their seat are pretty ragged as are the overhead bins. They need to do some spiffing up.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 12:42 PM
Harry

We're flying with them (in 1st class) from Sea to Phoenix in a couple months. Are their seats comfy enough (as compared to their coach (cattle) seats? <BR>Know they don't have TV or movies so will bring magazines. Sure hope the food is good. We're on a dinner flight

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 05:20 PM
sss

Seats are comfy and better then coach. lots of leg room. Hope you get attentive flight attendents. somthing they seem to be lacking on some flights.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Bumpy

Excuse me, I tripped

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 05:15 PM
Richard

Will be flying them in two weeks so will post and let you know

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 09:14 AM
Peter

Lets not forget the Alaska Airlines flight that went down into the ocean off of California a few short years ago...Someone on another flight, in the same vicinity, had a camcorder and filmed it going down...It was devastating to watch on t-v.<BR>Perhaps there are some maintenance problems we don't know about...

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 07:00 PM
x

Please...there are lots of different airlines that have had disasters. There is no need to bring up an awful event just for the heck of it.