Bargain NYC to FL in Jan

Dec 15th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Original Poster

Bargain NYC to FL in Jan

Plenty of gripes to go around in the airlines forum ~ here's something positive (so far!)

Delta email earlier this week offered good deals, including one for LGA to RSW (Fort Myers), one of my twice annual routes for visiting my dad. From $59 each way!

True, the first four dates I popped in offered 0 nonstops and lowest fares of almost $200 RT ... but the fifth set of dates gave me nonstops RT for $139 including fees and taxes (that was the 59 rate)

Among all the ways to score good fares, email notices sometimes are just the heads up that works. I had decided to skip the usual Jan "Dad's birthday" trip, as I'm going back in April for a wedding. But at this price, it's easy to add another short trip.
Dec 16th, 2007, 08:37 AM

If you are able to get to Newark Airport EWR, you will find that Continental offers the $59 one-way fare practically all winter long to various Florida destinations.

Enjoy your time in the sun!
Dec 16th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks - I'll keep that in mind. There may be an issue with routes on Continental to Ft. Myers - have never flown them there in 30 years, though I'm a Continental fan.

Search this Thread