Fiji airways biz class

Search

Fiji airways biz class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fiji airways biz class

I am getting good prices on this airline for ORD-SYD and am wondering if the biz class seats fully recline. I am not fussy about IFE but do care if we can lay flat and of course want good service and food. Any comments?
Thanks!
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 12:58 PM

You can check www.seatguru.com under this airline's previous name, Air Pacific. Or perhaps www.flyertalk.com, which is oriented towards frequent flyers and business passengers.
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 04:35 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
The 747s are, I believe former Qantas metal with ancient "Dreamtime" recliner seats up front. The new A330s have new seats but angle-flat.

I've only flown a couple of sectors on Air Pacific (aka "Air Pathetic") and they were okay, nothing terrible. But that was some years ago, and in coach.
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 01:29 AM

I've done Air Pacific in business class. Not sure what plane it was but it might of been a 737 and 747 but it was not angled flat, it was just a recliner.

The new A330's look great on the surface however there is rarely a pic of the new seat in recline mode, possibly because it is the angled flat bed. Angled flat beds are an absolute nightmare. They are so uncomfortable as it's like you are standing and you keep sliding down.

Of course ANYTHING is better than economy so if you keep in mind that business class on Fiji airlines is not the equivalent of a Singapore Airlines A380 First Class Suite, you'll be fine.

I find it most comfy when on an angled flat bed to have it in more of a seated mode.

The service was great. Very attentive, courteous and friendly staff in business. I can't recall what food I ate last trip, but in saying that, I'm not a big foodie so my food recommendations are not that great.

If I had the choice to continue on to LA from Nadi with Fiji Airways (Air Pacific), if the price was right in business I would do it. Of course there are other airlines I would prefer for a fully angled bed but again, if the price is right, why not.

Have fun!
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.