Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page > Bad and last experience on Air Namibia
Notices

Bad and last experience on Air Namibia

Jun 11th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Original Poster

Bad and last experience on Air Namibia

April 2012: 2h and 5 min delay on departure from Windhoek to Jo'burg ( 1h and 50 min flight time !) due to cockpit crew decision to wait for 4 meals ( can you believe it ?) causing nearly 15 passengers to miss their connecting flight in Jo'burg, one of whom was me on Air France. Absolutely no Air Namibia staff to help on arrival.
The best for the end, Air Namibia says they are not responsible and refuse to refund my lost ticket on Air France.
Avoid Air Namibia and use a serious airline ...
Jun 11th, 2012, 11:22 AM

Was this itinerary all on one ticket? If it was, then Air France would put you on the next available flight. If the Air Namibia and Air France legs were on two separate tickets (as I suspect they were from your description) then neither airline owes you anything.

I'm sorry to hear this happened though.
Jul 2nd, 2012, 06:19 AM

Hi, http://www.airlikes.com collects air travel experiences and it would be great that you also share your experience with Air Namibia on this website with a dedicated audience to travelers looking for airline reviews.
Aug 23rd, 2012, 11:50 PM

I have travelled on this airline three times in four months. I have been delayed three times and a total of 7 hours. Small airline with poor processes and quality control. Do not fly this airline if you have connecting flights or other appointments lined up or if you get upset with poor service.

Search this Thread