BA short turnaround time

Sep 8th, 2017, 05:37 PM
Original Poster
BA short turnaround time

Booked flights through British Airways Rome to Seattle on November 11. We leave Fiumicino at 11:40 am and arrive at Heathrow at 1:30 PM.

We had just over an hour to get to our Seattle flight, and now I notice that it's down to 50 minutes--it leaves Heathrow at 2:20 PM..

Since BA scheduled us, am I correct in assuming they think we can get from one flight to another in less than an hour? What are they likely to do with us if we don't make it?

Thanks for any help!
Sep 8th, 2017, 05:59 PM
Go here and enter your flight info - you'll get step by step instructions and fairly accurate time estimates for making your connection:

Last year to to an extensive delay with our inbound flight we missed our BA connection. We found the BA agent very helpful in getting us on a later flight. They have fully staffed counter dedicated solely to helping people who miss their connecting flights. Usually, if you miss your connection they will put you on the next "available" flight (whenever that might be).
Sep 8th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Original Poster
Thanks...just rechecked and found that time between flights is now one hour..Terminal 5 for both, so it looks like BA is figuring we can make it.
Sep 26th, 2017, 01:43 PM
Ah, how clearly I remember...the time of the major snowstorm at Heathrow in 2010, when we missed our connecting flight to CDG because the plane couldn't land for quite a while. Then we stood in line for an hour and a half to get a new flight. At CDG we missed the connecting flight to Nice because of lengthy security lines, finally arriving at nearly midnight. prepared for a miss or near miss. But being in the same terminal will definitely help.
Oct 1st, 2017, 06:07 PM
The terminals at Heathrow are quite large, so unless you know for sure that these flights are very close to each other , I'd do anything possible to reschedule. Hate to be so negative about it, but we just came through London in August with over an hour to spare in the same terminal, and almost missed our flight.

Search this Thread