Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Air Travel (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/)
-   -   Anyone stock up on one day passes? (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/anyone-stock-up-on-one-day-passes-845617/)

suchami Jun 18th, 2010 04:15 PM

Anyone stock up on one day passes?

my husband and i travel alot, i mean were gone at least 250 days out the year and whenever i have free time i go to amazon.com and we stock up on those delta one day passes, we usta purchase on ebay, then we found out amazon had them and the shipping was much quicker, i have about 4 left so im back to amazon stocking up on those passes,LOL sometimes i feel like i can live without them.

JaneB Jun 18th, 2010 05:00 PM

Must you be flying on Delta to use the passes?

suchami Jun 18th, 2010 05:11 PM

I believe its any airline, but it must be used on the day the ticket says your traveling. we dont always fly on delta and we never had any problem.

sandy_b Jun 19th, 2010 02:55 PM

What exactly do you search for on amazon? I searched for airline passes, delta pass, etc. I could not find anything.

Thanks,
Sandy (in Denton)

JaneB Jun 20th, 2010 05:33 AM

Search for:

delta sky-one day pass

Jane

sandy_b Jun 20th, 2010 03:55 PM

JaneB,

Thank you very much . . . I'll go look!

Sandy (in Denton)

suchami Jun 20th, 2010 04:08 PM

That's corrects, I entered delta sky-one day pass, I just purchased 20 passes, I save more doing this because last year, we purchased a pack of 50, for over$2500 on deltas website , once I found ebay and amazon, I realized we could save more, my eldest daughter actually told me about amazon when she purchased some skates for my granddaughter, the seller was really nice, since amazon charged shipping per item, the seller only charges us a flat rate for shipping told us we would get refunded for the additional money,(we requested the seller to just send us additional passes with the remaing amount,) so we been purchasing for a while now and ( sometime the seller has specials and we get free passes) I like deals like that,lol, we luv the delta lounges, if u ask me, its a better place to purchase the passes.

Dayenu Jun 21st, 2010 08:15 AM

What are those passes? I've never heard of them, sorry. Can somebody explain? Pretty please :)

mztery Jun 21st, 2010 08:48 AM

most airlines have a "club" at the airports they serve, open to members or to pax traveling on Biz or FC fares. It looks like there are sellers who offer one-time Delta club passes for $15 and not the $45 a day pas costs directly from Delta. With a day pass you can go to the delta club before a flight and relax, get food etc. They are good for a one time entry and can't be used upon arrival. It mostly is helpful if oyu fly delta or an airline whose gates are near deltas - for ex., at SFO the Delta and United gates are very far apart so not helpful.

I am making an assumption that because Delta commonly sells their day passes in bulk to corporations and groups and actively markets to those groups, (unlike other airlines) these passes can be found on Amazon or Ebay.

Dayenu Jun 21st, 2010 09:40 AM

Thanks, Mztery!

suchami Jun 21st, 2010 01:36 PM

@ dayenu
these passes are the same passes delta sells online, and you can go to delta and pay $50 for one, in bulks or purchase online from sites like amazon, some passes are within a month close to expiration ( on ebay sometimes)and some have a year until expiration. my husband and i usto purchase them in bulf from delta,( anyone can purchase, not only corporations and companys) , craigslist even has them.
if you have a delayed flight u can go relax at the lounge, eat, drink, shower and they have wifi.make sure you check out the lounging locations first, some lounges dont accept one day passes. hope this helps.

Dayenu Jun 21st, 2010 02:37 PM

I never knew Delta sells passes so I was curious to know what they are for. Sounds good for long layovers or passengers with children.

JoanneH Jun 22nd, 2010 09:55 AM

Would this work if your booked with Delta but flight is by partner airline? International from SFO. or is lounge to far away in domestic terminal? Thanks for this tip

1bhcrashman Jun 24th, 2010 11:51 AM

Daynenu, Most lounges do not allow children.

yestravel Jun 24th, 2010 12:05 PM

Really? no kids allowed? I always see familes with kids.

Suspaul Jun 24th, 2010 02:13 PM

just curious if anyone has used Continentals Presidents Club passes purchased online at EBay. My question is, would one have a problem, do you just sign your name on the line for Guest and present it when you enter? Would love to know, very tempting, especially before a trip overseas since you have to be at the airport so early these days. Thanks.

BeachGirl247 Jun 24th, 2010 04:38 PM

Are the passes good for domestic travel or international only?

Thanks for this tip!

Cranachin Jun 26th, 2010 08:19 PM

Children ARE allowed if they are family of a Sky Club member. Delta's website says

A member may bring immediate family (spouse or domestic partner and children under 21 years of age) or up to two (2) guests (age 21 or older, if a Club with a self-service bar) into the Delta Sky Club, provided that Delta determines that adequate space exists. However, you must remain with your guests at all times during the visit.

JaneB Jun 27th, 2010 04:21 AM

I just received mine from Amazon. I ordered 2 just to check them out. They do not expire until December, 2011!!

socaltraveler Jun 27th, 2010 01:49 PM

As for children and lounges, the AA Admiral's Club in Boston has a dedicated children's room, so I guess there are rules and then there are rules.