I recently traveled to Europe for vacation and on the return trip back to the U.S., was sent for a "secondary inspection." Based on the fact that I already got an entry stamp in my passport and collected my one small suitcase, there was no merit for it - it was obvious the CBP agent was just pissed off that I didn't follow directions (we were being herded like cattle and it was ultra confusing where we were and were not supposed to be going). No one explained why I was there and how long I would be there (over an hour). When my travel companion tried to inquire what was going on, they were told to leave or be arrested. Long story short, I submitted a comment to the Customs and Border Protection, to which I got a reply that was not to my satisfaction. I followed up with another comment, and got the following reply: "A response was sent to the port director's office."
Does anyone have any idea what that means? Does that mean they have now flagged me in the system and I'm in some sort of trouble?!
None of my comments were rude or insulting in any way. It was more of a "this is what happened, and I feel betrayed by the system and wish you would treat travelers with more dignity and respect."
Has anyone received a similar response or could shed some light on what this means? I enjoy traveling but now fear return flights to my local international airport!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 JFK international terminal to domestic terminal - how much time?
- 2 $1500 to Europe economy in May- buy now or wait?
- 3 Changing Airlines at EWR
- 4 A horror story about Justfly
- 5 WOW bargain not so "wow"
- 6 Virgin Atlantic's "Virgin Redhead"!
- 7 Layover time in Los Angeles
- 8 AerLingus exit row
- 9 Global Entry application status question
- 10 CDG
- 11 Which option
- 12 First travel
- 13 Changing AA flight date
- 14 Advice - Want to sue Lufthansa
- 15 Scott's Cheap Flights
- 16 Connecting flight in heathrow--2 hours
- 17 United Mileage plus upgrade waitlist?
- 18 Narita or Haneda from LAX?
- 19 LH bid for Premium Economy
- 20 Round trip ticket - but skipping return flight
- 21 Flying to Montego Bay, need help with connecting flights?
- 22 Traveling with two passports, with different names.
- 23 Royal Air Moroc Reviews
- 24 United or Air France? (Business class)
- 25 Customs question
Any idea what this response from Customs and Border Protection means?