Now or never to purchase the ticket?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got off the phone with family members in SFO and we need 4 tickets down there by 24th - 4th or 24th - 3rd no other dates are available to us. Since we couldnt guarantee with family that we could go yesturday we didn't purchase tickets which were going for BUF - SFO about 1300 CAD, DTW - SFO 1400 CAD, an hour later the price went up bout 50 dollars, and checked again right now just getting off the phone both are at 1500 CAD are the tickets going to keep going up? My wife and I have gotten off work and everything and even sacrificed a portion of our vacation pay to go on this trip, so it would really suck if we didn't go, should I purchase them now incase they keep going up or wait hoping that they'll go down? Thanks
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 11:06 AM

Buy now. As more people firm up their plans, you'll see the tickets sell out for each lower cost fare class in succession and the price will continue to ladder up. My advice is to either get on it now, if you're willing to pay the current price.
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 11:08 AM

(Please delete the extraneous "either&quot.
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Flyboy just booked it but found out that I have a connection in ORD on January 4th. SFO - ORD 6:03 arrival
ORD - BUF 6:50 departure
That connection looks tight but I booked it anyways, I've connected in ORD only once before but I had a 2 hour stopover. Any comments?
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Cassandra

Tix may be going up because it's Sat. and a lot of people are shopping, or because your cookie allows the airline to see you are shopping the route and is raising the price each time you check in. I'd say wait 'til Tues. midnight, but this is Xmas and that would be a bad gamble.

Once comment -- you know what weather's like in BUF that time of year; keep in mind the same thing or worse can happen to ORD -- if you must connect there, use "multicity" booking and book a longer layover. Otherwise, consider connecting further south, if you have the choice.

Old Dec 5th, 2004, 07:58 AM

Luubert, I think that's sufficient connection time at ORD if you're talking about staying on the same ticket and carrier.
Old Dec 5th, 2004, 08:52 AM

I think your fare increeased as you did not buy more than 14 days prior to your departure date. I believe the deepest discount fares require they be bought at least 14 days in advance. Since you already bought, its a moot point, but something to consider when you are next in the market.