Search

US Air liquidation

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 07:35 AM
nick

US Air liquidation

If U. S. Airways can't negotiate a deal to stay in business and has to switch from Chapter 11 to Chapter 7 liquidaiton what happens to the 4 tickets I bought for Feb. '03 to Turks and Caicos? I used my Amex/Delta card to pay for them.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 07:39 AM
Rocky

N-<BR>Just curious as to where you got the idea that USAir would be folding their operations.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 08:14 AM
Andrew

If you were worried you should have bought travel insurance. Personally, I would not worry about USAir folding by February 2002.<BR><BR>Andrew

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 11:37 AM
Mr. Flyer

&quot; Personally, I would<BR> not worry about USAir folding<BR> by February 2002.&quot;<BR><BR>I would't either. How about 2003??????<BR><BR>Mr. Flyer

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 11:46 AM
hanna

If USAirways goes into Chapter 7 you join a long line of creditors and will have to buy new tickets on another carrier. Your cc company may be able to refund the charges for non delivery.

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 05:22 AM
Nick

thanks for the info Hanna. I'll contact Amex. US Air is currently negotiating with the machinist for concessions in order to qualify for the billion dollar gov't guarantee. Pilots have agreed to 100 million worth of concession. If the machinist and flight attendants (who are refusing to even negotiate) don't agree the airline may not get the billion guarantee and be forced into liqidation. Rocky, I got the &quot;idea&quot; from reading the newspaper.

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 05:57 AM
Rocky

Nick<BR>Thank You! Havent heard that but probly wouldnt if I hadnt read your post<BR>R

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 11:01 AM
ralph101

USAir has a major revenue problem. Actual booking (revenue) are way below their projections. They need major labor concessions now or the folks who are providing the bankruptcy line of credit will pull the plug. I guess they make it into January and then good bye. ps - the same will probably apply to United