Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Air Travel (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/)
-   -   Allegiant Air > this will blow your mind (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/allegiant-air-this-will-blow-your-mind-888934/)

Jpmanders May 1st, 2011 03:38 PM

Allegiant Air > this will blow your mind

Without a doubt, the worst airline in existence (and I've flown on some that were pretty bad). Three of the last four flights we scheduled with them were either delayed several hours or canceled.

The most recent incident involved a three hour wait because their plane was a flight attendant short, followed by an additional seven hour wait due to mechanical difficulties. That's ten hours spent in the airport with promises that a plane was being sent from an adjoining city (which we suspect was a lie intended to keep passengers waiting while they attempted to repair the mechanical problems that downed the first plane). To DRIVE to the destination would have taken three hours less.

Long story short? If you want to actually get where you're going more than 25% of the time, don't book with Allegiant.

rkkwan May 1st, 2011 03:49 PM

Can you tell us more on specifics? And what happened to the other 2 flights?

madgicsh May 1st, 2011 05:36 PM

It never crossed my mind, since I have never heard of them! Thanks for the heads-up, I have resolved to return to the "never heard of them" state and use more reputable airlines again.

tomfuller May 1st, 2011 06:20 PM

I have flown on Allegiant at least 6 times. If any plane is judged unsafe to fly by the pilot, it will stay at the gate until it is ready to fly or a replacement plane is available.
Safety is more of a concern to the pilots and airlines than the delayed passengers.

CarolA May 1st, 2011 07:38 PM

How many places are you posting this?

A little advance research is better then post flight ranting

qwovadis May 2nd, 2011 04:49 AM

www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/G4.htm

Correct info on Allegiant have flown them

good value they have issues like many others.

Your post is not balanced and your 25% figure preposterous.

I will fly them again they are lots better than

lots of carriers I have flown.

Like Aeroflot where the pilots get to drink Vodka

on the job and the AutoPilot is known as

"the Designated Driver"

Neuman605 May 2nd, 2011 05:17 AM

I have flown them on numerous occasions without any concerns or problems. Plan to fly them again. Every airline has problems on some occasions!
I wonder where you are flying from? Could be a regional problem?

rkkwan May 2nd, 2011 07:21 AM

That's why I asked for more information. Sample size is way too small. If we don't fly an airline based on one post, then we might as well stay home, since one can easily find horror stories on basically every single airline in existence (or no longer in existence).

travlsolo2 May 2nd, 2011 06:23 PM

We have flown Allegiant numerous times --- good value and we've never had any issues or problems. Several times the flights even left early, after they determined that all the passengers were in the gate area and ready to go. There was a slight boarding delay on one trip when it took a while for a multi-handicapped passenger to be helped off the plane.

CarolA May 3rd, 2011 07:18 AM

Folks who spam the Internet with their horror story really do not want to hear any other views and rarely return.

And if then OP really thinks this "blows my mind" he does not travel much.

AJPeabody May 3rd, 2011 08:38 AM

OP is a uniposter complainer. I doubt that he will be reading any comments here.

WilhelmSchmidt May 3rd, 2011 11:24 AM

All airlines get delayed, It is how they deal with the delay and their service that determines if they are good or not, none of which is mentioned in the OP.

MissGreen May 10th, 2011 03:43 AM

I'd rather a 7 hour delay than taking off with mechanical problems and the plane falling out of the sky.