Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Air Travel (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/)
-   -   Airline info (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/airline-info-641286/)

GBbabe Aug 23rd, 2006 06:40 AM

Airline info

I once stumbled on a website that had all kinds of neat info about airplanes, seat configuration, where the lavatories, etc. and I believe it had a forum for questions.

Does this sound familiar to anyone and can you provide the url?

Thanks

rkkwan Aug 23rd, 2006 06:43 AM

seatguru.com

rkkwan Aug 23rd, 2006 06:44 AM

If they don't have it, try seatexpert.com

GBbabe Aug 23rd, 2006 07:43 AM

I have seen seatguru.com, that is what I remember for seating charts. Howevever, they don't cover Iberia and there is no forum. seatexpert.com isn't it either.

Maybe I am thinking of two different sites. Now that I have the seating charts, I need one (or more) where people discuss their experiences on differnt airlines.

Thanks again rkkwan.

wally34949 Aug 23rd, 2006 07:58 AM

www.airlinequality.com.

BeachBoi Aug 23rd, 2006 11:22 AM

HEY WALLY.............A little OT, but go to CNN... the 12 passengers being held in Amsterdam on some sort of suspicion....the AirMarshals became suspicious when they got up out of their seats when the Seat Belt Sign was still on!!! Look Out next time you want to roam around.....

clevelandbrown Aug 23rd, 2006 12:27 PM

Flyertalk has a forum under airline programs called Other European Frequent Flyer Programs, that has postings about Iberian

wally34949 Aug 24th, 2006 07:58 AM

How do you guys handle it if you are on a flight and the pilot keeps the fasten seat belt sign on for hours? If it is smooth flying for ten minutes, most airlines turn it off. However, most U.S. airlines keep it on all night along if it is a night flight.

MoeMom Aug 24th, 2006 09:00 AM

Wally

Ask the flight attendant why it's on. Perhaps the pilots know that there is weather ahead. The flight attendant can find out from the pilot why it's on and for how long he/she expects to keep it on. I've never had a problem with sign staying on with US carriers unless there was rough air expected.

P_M Aug 19th, 2007 05:29 PM

I need info on Air France's A320 and it is not on either seatguru or seatexpert. rkkwan, if you can find this for me, I'll owe you a drink at the next Houston GTG. ((d))

That offer applies to everyone else too. :-D

P_M Aug 19th, 2007 05:34 PM

To add a bit more info--I chose 29F which is the very last row on this plane. I like to be in the back of the plane because I like being near the emergency exit doors. (rkkwan knows why) But after giving it further thought I am concerned a seat in the very back will have limited recline. This flight is a red-eye so sleeping will be important. Thanks again for any assistance.

rkkwan Aug 20th, 2007 06:32 AM

Where are you flying? AF320 red-eye? And they let you get seat assignments?

Is it from Paris to TLV (I know, your favorite!) or something like that?

Anyways, I have no idea if that row has full recline or not.

P_M Aug 20th, 2007 07:09 AM

I'm going from AMM-CDG on Dec. 10.

P_M Aug 20th, 2007 07:17 AM

PS You are so right about TLV. My trip to Israel was like a dream, but if I never fly in/out of TLV again it will be far too soon. X(

rkkwan Aug 20th, 2007 07:59 AM

AMM? Darn. I am just off by only 70 miles! ;)

Wow, I'm not going to ask why. But your travel has certainly turned more exotic. And next time you fly El Al to TLV, you'll <b>know for sure</b> why they have a nice-looking guy chatting with you. :p

P_M Aug 20th, 2007 08:23 AM

He was probably a spy, but he didn't exactly have the looks of James Bond. Nor the charm. :-(

moremiles Aug 20th, 2007 10:59 AM

For cabin photos and other info, there is airliners.net.

Orlando_Vic Sep 1st, 2007 12:55 PM

P_M-

Too late to do you any good, but I think your answer is here: http://www.seatmaestro.com/airplanes...rbus-a320.html

Is that drink offer still valid? (I live in Orlando.)