Search

Boston Airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2014, 06:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boston Airport

We will be changing planes at Logan Airport in Boston. Our international flight arrives at terminal E and our domestic flight to Atlanta leaves from terminal A. The airport map shows a walkway between the 2 with instructions "proceed to level 3, use bridge to terminal A." Can anyone describe this walk? Where is the walkway in relation to customs? Or, would we be better off taking the shuttle? Where is the shuttle stop in relation to customs?

Many thanks from a 76 year old. (I say that in case that weighs on the decision to walk or ride.)
Old Feb 1st, 2014, 12:16 PM

Take the shuttle. While I cannot place the exact location of the walkway, even when looking at the map, it is a hike from E to A. At international arrivals at Logan, after going thru customs and immigration, you exit to the general groundfloor concourse. It is a short walk from there to outside and you will find airport shuttle buses (full-sized buses) circling. The various pickup points for various buses is well marked - as there are buses going to "Logan Express" parking and other more distant locations. I think they are now color-coded as well, but this is less effective than just reading the signs.
Old Feb 1st, 2014, 01:35 PM

To expand a bit on gail's info:

You can either walk or take the bus. If you want to walk, the easiest and fastest way is to follow the signs to Central Parking after you exit from customs. Once in Central Parking, follow the signs to Terminal A. It's probably a 10-15 minute walk, it is well signed, and there are moving walkways on parts of the route.

If you want to take the shuttle bus, you are best off taking the #11 bus -- Terminal A would be the first stop after you board at Terminal E. You could take the #55 bus, but that bus stops at the subway station and rental car center before it reaches Terminal A.
Old Feb 1st, 2014, 06:58 PM

I agree with DonTopaz.

In fact, on a recent flight from Europe into Logan on Delta, the cabin crew announced that people making connections should take the #11 bus to Terminal A.
Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 05:58 AM
Original Poster

What great replies. Thanks so much. It is a relief to know that Logan is so easy, especially since we will be changing in Amsterdam before our flight to the states.

We'll take any more advice, but so far so good.
Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:13 AM

I have walked it and had no problem. It was easy to follow the signs. So i guess it's just a personal preference, but for me I need to move my legs around during my layovers