I have all my dates confirmed and I need to fly from Vilnius to Riga.
On my return flight home, I will be flying airBaltic on the 1st leg of my trip and then Air France.
I've emailed airBaltic and phoned them before writing. Their phone line asks for an ID number which I don't have. I got a reply for my international flight query and they wrote to contact the booking agency, in my case it's KLM. I've yet to receive any reply concerning the heavy baggage fee. I've just emailed KLM.
1. I know my suitcase will exceed the 20kg limit but by less than 5 kg. On their website, had I made a purchase before March, I could've paid a euro 25 flat fee for each additional 5 kg but this option is no longer available. It's cheaper if I buy a Basic ticket. So do I buy and pay for 2 pieces of checked luggage? Do I get stuck paying euro 40 at the airport? They keep saying how it's less expensive to buy additional kgs while booking but unless it's buying 2 baggages, they do not offer any other service. I went through the whole purchase process.
2. On my international flight back home, I will be flying out of Riga with airBaltic to Paris then onwards with Air France/KLM. There is no way that after 3 weeks of travel my luggage will not exceed 20kg. Which airline's baggage restrictions will apply? How can I prevent a surprise extra fee?
3. Do you think the airport at Vilnius will be less strict with the baggage allowance vs the Riga airport?
4. There is euro10 to check in at the counter at Riga airport. Have any of you tried their other check-in options?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 7 experiences for tourists visiting Saigon at the first time
- 2 Very bad experience in AMS
- 3 Virgin Atlantic's "Virgin Redhead"!
- 4 JFK international terminal to domestic terminal - how much time?
- 5 $1500 to Europe economy in May- buy now or wait?
- 6 Changing Airlines at EWR
- 7 A horror story about Justfly
- 8 WOW bargain not so "wow"
- 9 Layover time in Los Angeles
- 10 AerLingus exit row
- 11 Global Entry application status question
- 12 CDG
- 13 Which option
- 14 First travel
- 15 Changing AA flight date
- 16 Advice - Want to sue Lufthansa
- 17 Scott's Cheap Flights
- 18 Connecting flight in heathrow--2 hours
- 19 United Mileage plus upgrade waitlist?
- 20 Narita or Haneda from LAX?
- 21 LH bid for Premium Economy
- 22 Round trip ticket - but skipping return flight
- 23 Flying to Montego Bay, need help with connecting flights?
- 24 Traveling with two passports, with different names.
- 25 Royal Air Moroc Reviews
airBaltic baggage allowance over 20kg (domestic and international)