Air Europa offers Miami to Tenerife on Saturdays

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I flew Air Europa from Gran Canary to Barcelona--a three hour flight and I saw that they are now offering Miami to Tenerife in the Gran Canary Islands on Saturday on an Airbus A330-200.

I just spent five days on Gran Canary and it was Grand! It is so beautiful and I went for a four mile hike on along the ocean in the nude. I never paid more than 10 Euros for dinner and that included a glass of wine. The apartment had two bedrooms, a living room a balcony on the fifth floor and a kitchen with four burners but with the prices so low I didn't do much cooking. I paid $28 USD for the apartment each night. I took a tour of Gran Canary and of Tenerife island. The second tour started at 6:40 a.m. and I didn't get back to my apartment until 11:00 p.m. We took a high-speed catamarin to the island and the waters were ruff. I felt sick and have never had so much trouble using toilet paper. I was banging against the walls of the stall the entire time. Why didn't those Continental flight attendants turn on the "Fasten Seatbelt sign?" The tour went to see the dorment volcano, which is the highest in Europe, around 15,000 feet tall.

Gran Canary has the best weather in the world, only 20 cloudy days a year. They have sand dunes on the south side which are from the Africa continent. The tour guide had to speak in five different languages. One tour had 90 people on it so they divided into two groups. There were only three English speaking people, myself and two people from the Netherlands. No Americans in Tenerife or Gran Canary. Why?

Lots of people from Germany which means topless women on the beach and around the pools. Men in Speedo's. You got to take the good with the bad.

So a question. At the airport in Gran Canary, Air Europa had a flight to Madrid that had a Continental flight number, but the flight to Barcelona didn't have a Continental flight number. Can I get miles?

I'm surprised a U.S. airline doesn't fly here. As you might know, the Tenerife airport had the worst crash in airline history as two 747's crash in the fog. Hopefully history will not repeat itself.
Old Jul 10th, 2009, 12:33 PM

UGH - WHAT A RAMBLING POST
Stay off the sangria
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 09:14 PM

I am still at the"four mile hike in the ocean nude"...
Old Jul 12th, 2009, 04:29 AM

If this is the type of tourist that the place attracts, I'll find somewhere else to visit, thanks.
Old Jul 12th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Original Poster

That wasn't very nice, Flybob! There is a lot of good information on that post. Like:

Gran Canary is one of the sunniest places in the world.
Gran Canary is only an 8 hour flight from the East Coast of the US.
Food is cheap and accommodations can be cheap if one books at the right time.
There is a nude area so if people have a problem with that they may want to choose some place else. Women were topless around the pools and beach. I stated this because it is good to know ahead of time.
As I stated, I was there for five days and never ran in to any Americans.
And finally, the high speed catamerans can cause one to get sick so you may want to bring some pills.

Get a life, Flybob and buy some Viagara if you are trying to arouse us with your post!
Old Jul 12th, 2009, 12:09 PM

wally - Yes, you can earn CO miles if your tickets is a qualifying fare class. Discount fares only get 50% EQM.

http://www.continental.com/CMS/en-US...aspx?ItemId=59
Old Jul 12th, 2009, 01:44 PM

<i>I'm surprised a U.S. airline doesn't fly here.</i>

Why are you surprised? The Canaries are a mass-market tourist destination. Look at the pricing you give - hardly a recipe for attracting big spenders. A US airline flying there would be like a European airline flying to Branson, MO.

As rkkwan points out, you can earn Continental miles on all Air Europa flights, but only until October. I would have to assume that, once Continental leaves Skyteam, that they will no longer partner with them. Delta remains an option for accrual, however.
Old Jul 12th, 2009, 01:49 PM

Air Europa is not a Skyteam member. CO may and likely to retain co-operation with them.
Old Jul 12th, 2009, 01:50 PM

Oh, actually Air Europa IS a Skyteam member. So, travelgourmet is correct.
Old Jul 13th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your very polite and informative responses, rkkwan and travelgourmet. I just flew Easy Jet from Barcelona to London Gatwick. I caught the first bus from downtown (5 Euros) and it went to the new Terminal 1. Looks beautiful, unfortunately I needed Terminal 2. I was the fifth to last to walk on the plane and I got the middle seat in the first row of the plane and had a nice conversation with the person next to me during the entire flight. Had to wait awhile for my luggage at Gatwick. I think the reason was because several planes came in at the same time. I'll be flying Virgin Atlantic on Tuesday to Orlando.

EasyJet marks your carry on bag with a tag, so don't buy too much in the duty free stores or you will be in trouble when you walk on the plane.
Old Jul 13th, 2009, 10:18 PM

rizzuto - I agree.
wally34949 - Sorry you were right on a few points "five days and never ran in to any Americans" and "Gran Canary is one of the sunniest places in the world"