AA ORD to DEL - 3 hr before departure?

Jan 24th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Original Poster

AA ORD to DEL - 3 hr before departure?

Does anyone know why passengers are required to be at the airport 3 hrs before the departure time for this flight? This is longer than other international flights out of O'Hare.
Jan 24th, 2010, 04:13 PM

Where did you find that information? It's not listed on AA's website. When you check in at DEL for your return, it's 3.5 hours prior to departure.
Jan 25th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Original Poster

Jeff, it's now listed as 3.5 hrs at O'Hare. At this link, look for "Recommended check-in times for cities that exceed two hours" I was wondering why it was more than 2 hrs...more security checkpoints, longer lines, etc.?

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...horEvent=false
Jan 25th, 2010, 04:58 AM

ovenbird, the 3-1/2 hours if for flights departing FROM Delhi, not for flights departing Chicago TO Delhi. And this is common with Delhi, where you have to go through several more layers of security, including a ticket-check just to get into the terminal. The extra 1/2 hour is probably for the security frisks at the gate before boarding (remember ... all U.S.-bound flights require this now).
Jan 25th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

I totally misread the requirements! Thanks for setting me straight. With increased security at both ends, I think we'll allow for more time anyway.
Jan 25th, 2010, 08:07 AM

Generally, that's not a bad idea, but if you arrive 3 hours early and go straight to the gate, I think you'll have plenty of time in Chicago.