Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Air Travel (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/)
-   -   AA Business class - Lounge access at LAX? (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/aa-business-class-lounge-access-at-lax-1021869/)

janisj Aug 2nd, 2014 03:49 PM

AA Business class - Lounge access at LAX?

I have a 4.5 hour lay over at LAX, enroute to LHR. I'll be on AA metal both flights (Well, actually American Eagle then AA). I'll arrive at one of the AA remote gates and bus to T4 then walk over to Tom Bradley.

I know there is an Admiral's Club in T-4 and a One World Lounge in Tom Bradley but I'm confused. Nothing I've read about the One World Lounge mentions AA - only Qantas/BA/CathayP. etc.

Do I have access to the Tom Bradley One World Lounge, or only the Admirals club?

I'd sure like to get to Tom Bradley and be able to relax til my flight, but if I have to stay in T4 for a while I suppose that's what I'll do.

Jeff_Costa_Rica Aug 2nd, 2014 06:56 PM

You'll have access to the Admirals Club only.

janisj Aug 2nd, 2014 07:43 PM

Thanks -- I sort of figured that. Darn . . .

Gardyloo Aug 3rd, 2014 03:34 PM

If your LAX-LHR flight is on AA metal, why would you go to TBIT? Or are you on an AA codeshare operated by BA, which <i>would</i> require you to go over to TBIT, where you could use the Oneworld lounge?

janisj Aug 3rd, 2014 04:04 PM

Oh -- I just assumed it went out of Tom Bradley (I've been on an AA 'operated by BA' code share out of TB before but my itinerary doesn't indicate this flight is operated by BA)

it is AA 136 and I just double checked - today it leaves out of gate 209 which I'm pretty sure is Tom Bradley - right?

If it was a BA flight I assumed I could use the One World lounge - but as far as I can tell it is AA operated. And I missing something?

seems like I'm doing a <i>lot</i> of assuming :)

Gardyloo Aug 3rd, 2014 04:49 PM

I think 209 is a remote gate accessed from TBIT.

Tomorrow and Tuesday AA136 is scheduled to depart from Gate 46 at T4. I guess sometimes they use TBIT (construction at T4 or whatever.)

Regardless, as you're arriving on Eagle, you can use the new AC at the Eagles' Nest until you move onto either the T4 AC or the Oneworld lounge at TBIT, depending on where they're flying from that day. You'll be bused from the Eagle terminal to T4 airside, so if you want to use the AC there before going onto TBIT (in the event you're leaving from there) you could do a threefer. Not that the T4 AC is anything to write home about - big crowds typically. Haven't been to the new OW J lounge at TBIT so can't comment.

janisj Aug 3rd, 2014 06:15 PM

Great, thanks -- That's very clear. So AA 136 is a nomad and doesn't have permanent home :)

I'll just have to check in the morning before I fly out to LA so I won't have any surprises.

I've done the American Eagle bus to/from T4 several times , and then walked over to TBIT so I'm used to that part. I'll just have to pay attention to whether my flight is out of T4 or TBIT.