Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Air Travel (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/)
-   -   767-300 First class seats (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/767-300-first-class-seats-140462/)

Sandy Jan 4th, 2003 06:41 PM

767-300 First class seats

Can anyone tell me what the 767-300 first class seats are like... how far up does the foot rest go and are there individual TV's. We had reservations to Paris on the 777 but United switched the equipment. Thanks for any input.

asdf Jan 5th, 2003 04:44 AM

Which airline? Seats are determined more by the airline, not the aircraft.

CoachieWoachie Jan 5th, 2003 06:41 AM

i just luv FirstClass snobbery.Can anyone tell me if the champagna I will be sipping is DomPerignon or Freschinet?And how many FlightAttendants will be gloating over me?May I be seated first so all the steerage-types can look at me in awe and complete surrender?

asdf Jan 5th, 2003 06:47 AM

Apologies. Too early on a Sunday to be posting ... I missed 'United' in the original post. Never mind...!

fyi Jan 5th, 2003 08:35 AM

I understand, maybe www.seatguru.com can help!

Sandy Jan 5th, 2003 07:39 PM

No snobbery here... we turned in FF miles for the 1st class seats and were really looking forward to United's 777 sleeper suites. Couldn't ever buy those seats! I did go on seatguru.com but there wasn't much info as to how far back the seats tilt and how far up the foot rests go. Any input would be greatly appreciated as this will be the first time in 1st class on a 767-300.

Nancy Jan 6th, 2003 04:16 AM

There will definately be individual TVs. As for whether your paricular aircraft has been converted to sleeper seats, it is my understanding that United is re-fitting its planes gradually. You should check with United. As the same aircraft generally flies the same route, they should be able to tell you what specific airplane will be used on your flight, and whether it has been fitted with sleeper seats.

BeachBoi Jan 6th, 2003 05:05 AM

United Airlines is making huge,tremendous changes.I wouldnt get my heart set on anything.If you are travelling this summer,plan for yet more equipment changes,routing changes,even some cancellations.The only thing we can look for is more change.All for the betterment of United.But being prepared is the best way to handle any anxiety you may have.The very last thing United will do is ruffle the very loyal frequent flyers who have enough miles to turn in for FirstClass tickets to Europe or anywhere for that matter.

flyinggolfer Jan 6th, 2003 06:39 AM

You might want to go over to the United Forum over on Flyertalk.com and post this question. It's found within the Flyertalk Miles section.

Sandy Jan 7th, 2003 07:30 PM

Flying golfer... thank you so much for the tip. I did post my question on flyertalk.com and got lots of responses. It's a great site!

x Jan 8th, 2003 09:25 AM

Sandy, I think the sleeper seats are only on red-eye and lengthy (4+ hour) flights.

J Jan 15th, 2003 11:55 AM

You can check the seat configuration at <BR><BR>http://www.ual.com/page/article/0,1360,1094,00.html

Michael/LAX Jan 15th, 2003 09:56 PM

Sandy, I hope you can re-deposit those miles (mileage plus?) before you actually take the flight to Paris. In your situation, I would have used the miles for a F-class ticket on a FOREIGN PARTNER AIRLINE (Star Alliance). Common knowledge/experience tells me overseas carriers are far superior in their premium cabin EXPERIENCE than our lame excuse F-class service on our U.S.-based airlines. Try redeeming those miles on Lufthansa, for example. Even though your itinerary requires a plane change in Frankfurt, Munich, Berlin, or Dusseldorf, the extra time is WORTH all those miles you've worked so hard to earn! TRUST ME! DID YOU KNOW UNITED HAS DOWNSCALED MEAL SERVICE ON OUR DOMESTIC FIRST CLASS FLIGHTS UNDER 1.5HRS?? It is all a slap in the face for a consumers loyalty!

Jim Rosenberg Jan 16th, 2003 03:38 AM

International FC and domestic FC are not even worth mentioning in the same paragraph on United or the other major U.S. carriers. While partner carriers may offer an even better FC service, there is no way that would I recommend a plane change on the basis of that difference alone. Adding the hassle and hours of connect time to the trip doesn't sound like a good trade to me at all.

Sandy Jan 17th, 2003 10:23 PM

UAL came through for us! They gave us LAX to Washington/Dulles to CDG, 777 sleeper suites all the way. If UAL doesn't change equipment again, we're in great shape. You can bet, until we fly, I'll keep checking those flights for any additional equipment changes. Thanks for all the suggestions... the posters on fodors.com are great!