1800flyeurope.com

Aug 25th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Original Poster

1800flyeurope.com

I booked tickets with them a few months ago for travel in September. Fare was great, several hundred dollars lower than booking with the airline directly. Received the tickets promptly and our reservations show up on the airline website when I log-in (seat assignments show up as do our FF numbers). So I'm pretty sure everything will go smoothly.

However, since I haven't completed my travel I'm not ready to officially recommend this site to a family member.

Anyone out there who has actually used 1-800-fly-europe and completed a successful trip? Or if you encountered any problems I'd like to hear about that as well.

Thanks!
Aug 25th, 2004, 05:43 PM

Three of us flew to Brussels last March (04) . . . we saved about $175 per ticket over AA's website and our flight was on AA. We did not receive freq flyer miles for the trip but the price was so good, we didn't care.

We were pleased and would book with them again. Plus, they are recommended often on Frommer's website.

Sandy (in Denton, TX)
Aug 25th, 2004, 07:23 PM

At what point in the process did you get to choose seats? Before or after purchase?
Aug 25th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input Sandy, it makes me feel better that we made the right choice. We're flying on AA out of DFW also.

When 1800flyeurope emailed my confirmation i.d. I went on the AA website and found my record. I was able to pick seats just as I would if any travel agent had booked my ticket. Plus, when I phoned AA to ask them to input my FF numbers they did that so hopefully we will be credited with the miles. I have read that some airlines do give miles on consolidator tickets.

Aug 26th, 2004, 11:10 AM

I hope you get your miles . . . AA had my freq flyer number in their files too but I didn't get any.

After the flight, I sent in copies of my boarding passes and received back a postcard from AA that my credit was in process. When they didn't show up after another month, I sent a followup letter and received a reply that the fare did not accrue miles.

At that point, I called and fussed at them for sending me a postcard saying my miles were being credited and they said they would change the wording.

Maybe you'll be luckier . . . but as I said, the fare was cheap enough that it was no big deal not getting the miles. I'll take a cheaper fare over miles anyday.

Sandy (in Denton, TX)
Aug 26th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

My husband actually suspected that AA will not credit us for the miles and said I was being overly optimistic, so based on your situation we probably won't get the miles after all. I agree, the cheaper fare was worth it.