Hi gang -
We are heading to Zimbabwe for two weeks in July. It will be our first Zim trip, and I was hoping to tap into your collective knowledge!
We'll be in Vic Falls, Hwange, and Matopos Hills.
1. I've heard horror stories of the cold - that nights can be below freezing, and that it is only warm for a few hours in the day. How bad is it, really? How does it work, if you're staying in tents or huts with only screens - do you bring industrial grade long underwear? (Its about 30 degrees right now where I live, and I cannot imagine camping or wanting to spend more than half an hour outside) Are you just constantly cold?
2. What is the safari experience in Hwange like in July? We've been told we're unlikely to see another vehicle while we're there, and that the game viewing will be abundant. Is this true? (I'd much rather match my expectations with reality, than go with false ideas and be disappointed).
3. Can anyone talk about the differences between Big Cave Camp and Amalinda in Matopos?
Thank you so much for any info you can share.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 GMX 1800:681:7208 Password Reset Contact GMX Tec*h Supp0rt Care
- 2 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 3 Can one free lance In Victoria Falls?
- 4 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 5 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 6 South Africa in March
- 7 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 8 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 9 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 10 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 11 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 12 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 13 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 14 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 15 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 16 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 17 help me to visit Morocco
- 18 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 19 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 20 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 21 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 22 Morocco road condition
- 23 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 24 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 25 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
Hi gang -