My family and I will be in South Africa in May 2017 and we are thinking going 2-3 days to Kruger National Park.
We have been looking at some lodges and reserves, and are thinking about a budget of 3,500-4500 rands per person (we are a group of three and my son is already 13, so he is considered an adult)
Among the reserves seen there are:
- Sabi Sands (Elephant Plains Game Lodge)
- Bulele (Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp)
- Pafuri Camp
- Kapama (Southern Camp, although the price is above the budget). I just read that it has fences that divides them from Kruger National Park, so I´m discarding it.
Is any of those reserves / lodges better than the other?
Have you had great / bad experiences in those reserves / lodges?
Should we consider other reserves / lodges?
We do enjoy luxury, we just don´t want to spend a lot of money in just 2 days, but would like to be pampered within our budget. What we would love to have is an unforgettable safari experience in terms of nature, animals seeing, the best food we can get within our budget and a nice relaxed atmosphere.
Thanks for your help
Ps. I have reposted a post from yesterday to include aclarations and to change the title.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 AT&T 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 3 Israel - West Bank, banksy, Jordan (Petra), or other 1 day tour advice
- 4 Can one free lance In Victoria Falls?
- 5 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 6 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 7 South Africa in March
- 8 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 9 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 10 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 11 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 12 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 13 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 14 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 15 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 16 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 17 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 18 help me to visit Morocco
- 19 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 20 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 21 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 22 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 23 Morocco road condition
- 24 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 25 Fraudulent Safari Operator
Which one for safari: Bulele or Sabi Sands at Kruger - South Africa?