We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 AOL = 1855:854:1405 password reset CONTACT AOL Tec*h 24/7
- 2 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 3 Jordan: Choose tour company carefully
- 4 Can one free lance In Victoria Falls?
- 5 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 6 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 7 South Africa in March
- 8 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 9 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 10 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 11 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 12 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 13 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 14 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 15 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 16 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 17 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 18 help me to visit Morocco
- 19 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 20 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 21 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 22 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 23 Morocco road condition
- 24 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 25 Fraudulent Safari Operator