I am in the process of narrowing down where I want to go and study abroad. I have a lot of top picks, therefore I really think South Africa would be great!
My problem is choosing where to live and study in SA. There is the obvious choice of the beautiful Cape Town! (the university looks breathe taking with table mountain as a back drop) The city does offer a lot, but the population is a little on the high side. I seem to love cities a little smaller and more cozy like Port Elizabeth. Port Elizabeth is my other option, known for being the "windy & friendly" city. My only issue with PE… it's not Cape Town! I would be lying if I thought PE was more beautiful than Cape Town. Safety is also important!
Cape Town is a little more expensive than the Port Elizabeth program, but I think it would be worth it if thats what I chose in the end.
So, any advice? Basically wondering… where do I want to live for 6 months? Cape Town or Port Elizabeth? Thank you and looking forward to hearing great feed back!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Miami vs Virginia
- 2 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 3 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 4 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 5 South Africa in March
- 6 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 7 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 8 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 9 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 10 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 11 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 12 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 13 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 14 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 15 help me to visit Morocco
- 16 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 17 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 18 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 19 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 20 Morocco road condition
- 21 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 22 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 23 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
- 24 Where to visit in Wadi Rum
- 25 Tour guide/ driver cost in Cape Town for a family of 4 fir 3 to 4 days