Been reading thru your site for past few days, looking for ideas and recommendations, in anticipation of a trip to Israel for 7 days France for 2, Amsterdam for a day, departing from Orlando, Fl on March 8, 2015
My question is what kind of phone should I bring? I have an android HTC but my phone cant accommodate any sims cards. My current carrier Sprint's fees are outrageous, as much as .50 a minute to talk and to send texts, .35 to receive texts. On fixed income, I really cant afford to go out buy phones for each country, any suggestions on what I can do? I was informed in many areas in Israel there is no Internet, so Wifi calling is pretty much out. I thought about buying one of those Blue phones sold at walmart for like $100, then buy the card when I get over there, but not sure if the card will work in all of Israel, or other countries. You guys seem to have some great recommendations, is there a more economical way to do this? Besides what to do with that phone when I get back? Live in Orlando, Fl, I enjoy talking, especially with a new grand daughter. Look forward to hearing back from you.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 KODAK printer 1800:681:72O8 installation CONTACT KODAK Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Can one free lance In Victoria Falls?
- 3 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 4 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 5 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 6 South Africa in March
- 7 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 8 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 9 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 10 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 11 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 12 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 13 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 14 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 15 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 16 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 17 help me to visit Morocco
- 18 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 19 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 20 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 21 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 22 Morocco road condition
- 23 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 24 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 25 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.