First the qualifying factors.
-Self drive is not an option. Other group itineraries would be options, whether driving or flying.
-10 days in Namibia is the max time, regardless of the itinerary.
-Departure would be late June.
-Priorities: Sand dunes, Etosha, Okonjima
-The ideal itinerary would have 3-4 nts Etosha with 1 nt at Okaukeujo; 3 nts Okonjima.
The company offering this is Natural Habitat, a very sound and reputable company that I've traveled with in the past.
It leaves with 2 people every Saturday. With 4 people, any day.
10-day trip: $7,595
Day 1: Windhoek, Namibia
Upon arrival, transfer to Hilltop House, our small, charming accommodation overlooking Namibia’s capital.
Days 2 & 3: Sossusvlei Sand Dunes, Namib Desert
Sossusvlei Wilderness Camp.
Days 4 & 5: Damaraland
Fly north along Namibia’s Skeleton Coast. We will stop in the port city of Swakopmund for a short boat trip (weather permitting) out of Walvis Bay to view seals and dolphins, and after a delicious seafood lunch we will continue with a flight inland to Damaraland. We look for uniquely adapted desert elephants, gemsbok (oryx), springbok, ostrich and other hardy desert animals and rare succulent plants that continue to thrive here, unhindered by serious habitat loss or mass tourism. We stay at Damaraland Camp (Doro Nawas Camp is sometimes substituted here) in large, comfortable walk-in tents shaded by acacia trees.
Days 6 & 7: Etosha National Park
that existed here two million years. We stay on the private Ongava reserve adjacent to the park and far from any other accommodations. From the lodge and camp, we take walks and night game drives on the reserve and venture into the park by day.
Days 8 & 9: Windhoek / Home or Okonjima AfriCat Project
Fly to Okonjima Guest Farm. Home to the AfriCat Foundation, allowing us unusually close encounters. Walking the Bushman Trail, we learn about the traditions of this age-old culture. Other activities include radio-tracking rehabilitated cheetahs, nightly wild leopard feeds, and game drives.
Day 10: Windhoek / Home
We drive back to Windhoek to continue homeward or on a safari extension.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 AOL EMAIL ☎ 1~800~681:7208 Password Reset Contact Now ☎ AOL Tec*h.☎ak47*
- 2 Looking for the affordable high quality accommodation while you travel?
- 3 Qatar to Iran
- 4 Morocco 10 day Itinerary
- 5 Sharm el Sheikh - Anyone been recently
- 6 Lebanon Spring 2018
- 7 Sept in Dubai. what to wear
- 8 Ethiopian Tour operators
- 9 visiting Ethiopia as a single female on a low budget
- 10 Tanzanian Tour Operators
- 11 electric devices
- 12 Flying from Florida to Dubai
- 13 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 14 Victoria Falls
- 15 Morocco--rent motorcycle without license
- 16 sahara desert
- 17 Erta Ale ETHIOPIA - any updates?
- 18 STONE TOWN hotel recommendation for 1/14/18
- 19 Feedback on 2-Week South Africa Itinerary?
- 20 Private driver in Morocco
- 21 Private tours in Morocco
- 22 Morocco Expert Tours
- 23 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 24 Mid range hotel/lodge in Arusha
- 25 Kilimanjaro
First the qualifying factors.