Just found these great boards while planning 1st trip to South Africa/Botswana/Victoria falls, departing in early August.
I would love any opinions on the following:
1. Victoria Falls Safari Lodge. Good place to stay? How long does it take to get to the falls? We will spend 2 nights. If we want to bungee jump, ride an elephant, and do lunch on Livingstone island, what is a good plan?
Is that too much to do while getting over jet lag? (After first night spent in Joberg)
2. Duma Tau (2 nights)
Read mixed reviews here. I will try to get Cilas as a guide. Question--I'm picturing herds of elephants since this property is boarding Chobe. Am I totally wrong?
3. Xigera Mokoro Trail (2 nights)
What should I expect from this? Just a funky camping trip, or will we see game?
4. Pom Pom Camp (2 nights)
Has anyone been here? Am I doing a good mix of camps/environments?
5. Cape Town (4 nights)
Has anyone stayed at Ikhaya Guest House or Liberty Lodge? We want very comfortable lodgings that aren't stuffy.
Also--any advice on malaria prevention? My doctor wants to prescribe malarone, but a friend said I need to find out what "kind" of malaria I'm going to be exposed to. Help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 https://supplementbase.com/rapid-lift-fx
- 2 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 3 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 4 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 5 South Africa in March
- 6 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 7 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 8 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 9 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 10 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 11 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 12 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 13 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 14 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 15 help me to visit Morocco
- 16 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 17 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 18 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 19 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 20 Morocco road condition
- 21 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 22 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 23 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
- 24 Where to visit in Wadi Rum
- 25 Tour guide/ driver cost in Cape Town for a family of 4 fir 3 to 4 days