I'm planning to do four days in the Kruger area in September or October - 2 in Kruger NP, and 2 in either Umkumbe (in Sabi) or Toro Yaka (in Balule). I'd love advice on picking between them (and possibly a recommendation for a camp in the NP that's easy to get to.
My main concerns with each are that Toro Yaka might not have great game (due to its being in Balule), although its Tripadvisor reviews are really glowing. Umkumbe my main worry is that the available land to drive on is quite small. My priorities are seeing game, first and foremost. After that a sense of remoteness would be great - and I never say no to good food. I'm less picky about the quality of the rooms and amenities. Anyone have suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Clemson vs Citadel
- 2 Hangout spots in Dubai
- 3 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 4 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 5 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 6 South Africa in March
- 7 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 8 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 9 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 10 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 11 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 12 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 13 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 14 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 15 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 16 help me to visit Morocco
- 17 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 18 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 19 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 20 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 21 Morocco road condition
- 22 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 23 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 24 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
- 25 Where to visit in Wadi Rum