In initial trip planning/advice-seeking mode for two week trip in mid-July 2012.
Coming from San Francisco.Thinking to arrive into Nairobi, spend about 6 days on "standard" tour from Arusha (Ngorongoro, Serengeti, Masai Mara) then via road from Masai Mara to Uganda, for friend's "traditional" wedding in her home town of Busia (on the Kenya/Uganda border)
Her "formal" wedding is a week later in Kampala, so we have a week in Uganda before departing.
I'll fine-tune the specifics, with your help, later. For now, do you think the arrival and departure points, and time allotted (only two weeks, unfortunately) make sense? Would you plan those two weeks differently, knowing that there are specific dates i need to be in Uganda?
I have been to E Africa before, 40 yrs ago(!) ---have seen the "big name" game parks. But my travel companion has never been.
Any thoughts/advice/feedback most welcome! Asante!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 PASSPORT
- 2 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 3 Can one free lance In Victoria Falls?
- 4 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 5 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 6 South Africa in March
- 7 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 8 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 9 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 10 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 11 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 12 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 13 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 14 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 15 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 16 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 17 help me to visit Morocco
- 18 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 19 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 20 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 21 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 22 Morocco road condition
- 23 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 24 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 25 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
Two weeks mid July : arrive Nairobi, depart Kampala...and in between