After much deliberations and extensive reading on Fodor's (thank you for the posts), me any my wife have finalized our trip to Kenya in August 2016. We have booked 6 night safari through Game Watchers who have been excellent in their responses. Post that, we are planning to visit Diani for a three day beach holiday. Our itinerary in brief is
Reach Nairobi on August 07 at 1 pm - stay in Narirobi
August 08 - August 11 - Selenkay Adventure Camp
August 11 - August 14 - Ol Kinyei Adventure camp
August 14 - August 17 - Diana
August 17 - Nairobi national park
August 18 - Return
A few questions:
1. Should I do Nairobi National Park since I am already spending six nights on safari?
2. We want to go to David Sheldrick Wildlife trust, but the earliest flight from Diani I could figure out was Air Kenya which reaches Nairobi at 12.10 pm. I have researched, david Sheldrek is only open from 11-12 pm....is that correct and is there any other earlier flight from Diani to Nairobi?
3. Any must carry items for the safari?
4. Will the river crossing happen during that time?
5. We have a day in Naoribi, how best to spend it?
6. we are staying in camps which will ahve mattresses, wil we still require seeping bags?
We will really grateful for the replies and suggestions.....many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 2 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 3 Can one free lance In Victoria Falls?
- 4 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 5 South Africa in March
- 6 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 7 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 8 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 9 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 10 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 11 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 12 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 13 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 14 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 15 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 16 help me to visit Morocco
- 17 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 18 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 19 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 20 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 21 Morocco road condition
- 22 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 23 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 24 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
- 25 Where to visit in Wadi Rum