Just back from Egypt and Jordan with Lady Egypt. We loved Jordan! It was much more relaxed than Egypt as far as the people, and the Country is beautiful. One of the first things we did was a night in the desert in Wadi Rum. It was cold! We wouldn't do it again, as it was a bit too cold (and even rained) to completely enjoy the great landscapes and scenery, but glad we did it. The Bedouin people are great and the food was good, but unless you're use to sleeping in freezing temps during the Winter, it might be better to get the hotel. Our guide/driver Jouseff was amazing and had to endure this part of our intinerary as well. Petra was amazing. Pictures will not do it justice, and you can barely touch the surface with 1 day, but a tiring day just the same. It is a huge, historical site that is beyond words. On our way to the dead sea we saw old Citadels made by the French mainly that again were heaping with history and spurring the imagination of earlier times. We stopped at Mt Nebo, which was amazing for what it represents, and then onto the Dead Sea, of which we really enjoyed. The people were great, got muddy, and floated weightlessly in the sea. Pretty amazing to see Israel on the other side as well, although we were reminded of the tensions between the countries. There were many places we would've liked to explore in Jordan, but time did not allow us to. Maybe next time! Our guide/drive Joussef was helpful, and we would highly recommend him! It was a great way to end a exhausting vacation.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 LEXMARK PRINTER 1~800~570:1233 installations Contact LEXMARK Techh care.
- 2 Qatar to Iran
- 3 Morocco 10 day Itinerary
- 4 Sharm el Sheikh - Anyone been recently
- 5 Lebanon Spring 2018
- 6 Sept in Dubai. what to wear
- 7 Ethiopian Tour operators
- 8 visiting Ethiopia as a single female on a low budget
- 9 Tanzanian Tour Operators
- 10 electric devices
- 11 Flying from Florida to Dubai
- 12 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 13 Victoria Falls
- 14 Morocco--rent motorcycle without license
- 15 sahara desert
- 16 Erta Ale ETHIOPIA - any updates?
- 17 STONE TOWN hotel recommendation for 1/14/18
- 18 Feedback on 2-Week South Africa Itinerary?
- 19 Private driver in Morocco
- 20 Private tours in Morocco
- 21 Morocco Expert Tours
- 22 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 23 Mid range hotel/lodge in Arusha
- 24 Kilimanjaro
- 25 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report