Africa & the Middle East Forums

Post New Topic

Recent Activity

  • Announcement:
  • TEST (do not reply)
    by ibobi Fodor's Editor | Posted on Nov 20, 17 at 01:24 PM
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
  1. 1 Trip Report https://www.drozien.com/invigoratex-male-enhancement-review/
  2. 2 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
  3. 3 Can one free lance In Victoria Falls?
  4. 4 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
  5. 5 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
  6. 6 South Africa in March
  7. 7 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
  8. 8 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
  9. 9 Trip Report Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
  10. 10 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
  11. 11 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
  12. 12 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
  13. 13 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
  14. 14 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
  15. 15 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
  16. 16 Three Days In Tel Aviv
  17. 17 help me to visit Morocco
  18. 18 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
  19. 19 Question about tours from Cape Town
  20. 20 Trip Report Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
  21. 21 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
  22. 22 Morocco road condition
  23. 23 Trip Report Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
  24. 24 Fraudulent Safari Operator
  25. 25 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
View next 25 » Back to the top

Terrorism, Ebola - no more please

Jump to last reply

11 years ago we had our trip to China cancelled by the tour company because of Sars. We went 6 months later and had a fabulous time. Now I have a trip to Kenya planned for November. Non refundable deposit already paid. I got over the terrorism attack fears and was excited about the Kenya game drive trip. Now it's Ebola. I know it's not in Kenya but will it come? Who knows? My family does not want me to go. And really, who wants to bring back Ebola to Thanksgiving dinner (I'm doing the cooking)

Final deposit is due in September. To pay or not to pay? The travel insurance at this time has no provisions for Ebola fear cancellation unless the tour company cancels. I would be out $3500 if I chickened out. And yes, I've looked at a map and know Ebola is on the other side of the continent, but darn that evening news. It's scaring the heck out of me.

Anyone else out there having these second thoughts. Tell me I'm not alone............

26 Replies |Back to top

Sign in to comment.

Advertisement