We are planning a safari in Northern Tanzania in middle of May 2017 and could use your collective expertise and knowledge in planning what we hope will be a trip of a lifetime. This will be our first trip to Tanzania and hope to see a part of the migration. We have contacted a few trip operators and are currently considering the following itinerary:
Day 1: JRO to Arusha (African Tulip)
Day 2: Arusha to Tarangire (Maramboi Tented Lodge)
Day 3: Tarangire to Serengeti National Park (Kubukubu tented camp)
Day 4: Serengeti National Park (Kubukubu tented camp)
Day 5: Serengeti National Park ( Kubukubu tented camp)
Day 6: Serengeti National Park to Western Corridor (Mbalageti Safari Lodge tented chalet)
Day 7: Western Corridor (Mbalageti Safari Lodge tented chalet)
Day 8: Western Corridor to Ngorogoro Conservation Area (Ngorogoro Sopa Lodge)
Day 9: drive back to Arusha for a noon international flight
For budgetary reasons, we are considering reducing one day (if we do, where would you cut?).
A few questions.
1. Is this a balanced itinerary? Any changes you would make? For mid to late May, would you stay in the Western Corridor and go to Grumeti River? Would you consider Ntudu during this time?
2. What do you think of the lodges/camps individually and are they well balanced as a group? If not, where would you rather stay at this time of the year in comparatively priced camps?
3. Another itinerary has us doing Lake Manyara, but we read that during this time, Lake Manyara and Tarangire may not be at their best. Would you omit both and add this time elsewhere?
Looking forward to your thoughts and thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 SBCGLOBAL 1:855:854:14O5 Installation Reset Sbcglobal CONTACT
- 2 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 3 Can one free lance In Victoria Falls?
- 4 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 5 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 6 South Africa in March
- 7 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 8 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 9 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 10 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 11 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 12 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 13 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 14 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 15 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 16 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 17 help me to visit Morocco
- 18 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 19 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 20 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 21 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 22 Morocco road condition
- 23 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 24 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 25 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.