Many of you were very helpful with our planning for Tanzania last year, and finally, a year later, I have posted some images to a public site. Less is more so I only put up about 10%! Take a look if you are so inclined. http://njw.smugmug.com/
There are no captions yet, so in terms of where we were: L Manyara, Grumetti, Tarangire, Ndutu and NC. As for the highlights, i would say the tree climbing lions on our very first day at Lake Manyara pretty much left us slack-jawed right out of the gate. Also, a Greater Kudu calf nursing in Tarangire-where MANY told us we must have been mistaken. (The beauty of digital would end those arguments quickly.) A pride of Lions with 5 cubs at Grumetti - as well as a 3 legged male. (There is an image of a stretching male and if you look very closely the back right leg is missing from the knee down from being caught in a trap outside the park) Cheetahs were a highlight and we saw 8 in all!! Very lucky I guess. Lastly, an absolutely riveting experience watching 20 vultures at a kill and the "social" order that goes along with that. the only thing more remarkable than seeing this was hearing this!
At any rate, thanks to all. We are heading to Phinda and Rattray's in September and hopefully Leopards and Wild Dogs will make an appearance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://wellnessfeeds.com/trembolex-ultra/
- 2 Qatar to Iran
- 3 Sharm el Sheikh - Anyone been recently
- 4 Morocco 10 day Itinerary
- 5 Lebanon Spring 2018
- 6 Sept in Dubai. what to wear
- 7 Ethiopian Tour operators
- 8 visiting Ethiopia as a single female on a low budget
- 9 Tanzanian Tour Operators
- 10 electric devices
- 11 Flying from Florida to Dubai
- 12 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 13 Victoria Falls
- 14 Morocco--rent motorcycle without license
- 15 sahara desert
- 16 Erta Ale ETHIOPIA - any updates?
- 17 STONE TOWN hotel recommendation for 1/14/18
- 18 Feedback on 2-Week South Africa Itinerary?
- 19 Private driver in Morocco
- 20 Private tours in Morocco
- 21 Morocco Expert Tours
- 22 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 23 Mid range hotel/lodge in Arusha
- 24 Kilimanjaro
- 25 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report