We, a couple of 35 and 28, will touch down in Dar es Salaam September 15th 2012.
We are both Belgians, mothertongue being Dutch, other languages being English, French and, to a lesser extent, German.
We'll be travelling pretty budget in South Tanzania (read: avoiding the 300$ lodges in the national parks, combining camping with own equipment and/or partially rented with a midrange lodge/hotel here and there...).
We'll have a good 3 weeks holiday ahead of us.
We'd like to visit Southern Tanzania in the first 2 weeks and spend week 3 on Mafia (to dive and relax).
In this second half of September we'd like to rent, preferably, a good, sturdy 4x4 to tour from Dar es Salaam direction South.
Ideally to self-drive (as we did in Botswana) or with a driver.
Major goals are:
Of course renting a 4x4 for 2 weeks ain't the cheapest in Tanzania.
Therefore we ccould be interested in sharing with other people. Preferably another 2-some... Travelling with 4 pax in total.
But also travelling 5 or 6 pax in total is open for discussion.
If you have plans in this direction, with a similar mindset and travel goals... Respond to this thread and/or send me a pm.
Best to all,
Kim & Jan
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 American Music Awards 2017
- 2 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 3 South Africa in March
- 4 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 5 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 6 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 7 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 8 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 9 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 10 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 11 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 12 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 13 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 14 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 15 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 16 help me to visit Morocco
- 17 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 18 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 19 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 20 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 21 Morocco road condition
- 22 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 23 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 24 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
- 25 Where to visit in Wadi Rum
share safari(vehicle) south tanzania second half September 2012