Kavey pointed me here, since I'm currently looking into booking a Safari this summer (late notice, I know) for myself and one other, and thus I would appreciate some advice etc on our current ideas...
The basic outline is thus:
We're looking 9-13 days away, with at least 6-7 days of actual safari/game viewing, preferably between 9th/10th July and 20th-22nd July, in either Kenya, Tanzania, or Namibia.
Flights aren't an issue, as they're pretty much a constant fare down to Nairobi (or where ever is nearest), so our budget for the holiday itself is around the $1500 (£800-£850) bracket per person, with room to increase that a little if needs must or if transfer flights are required. Accomodation wise, lodges would be preferred, but mixed camping and lodges would probably be ok too.
One last thing would be for this to be a private or very small group safari, but we appreciate that this isn't often possible within our budget, so isn't essential.
So far we've looked at companies such as Exodus, Explore, Go2Africa, and Safari2Go, but we're finding it hard to find something that fits all our above criteria. Does anyone have any recommendations of specific tours, or general safari companies that we should approach?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari is set!
- 2 Frights to Iran from Bishkek or Tashkent
- 3 Leishmaniasis Common? - Marrakech?
- 4 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 5 Tanzania and Kenya Trip 2018 - advise needed
- 6 Safety in Johannesburg
- 7 Morocco 10 day Itinerary
- 8 South Africa: WESTERN CAPE in spring: Need HELP getting addicted!
- 9 Qatar to Iran
- 10 Sharm el Sheikh - Anyone been recently
- 11 Lebanon Spring 2018
- 12 Sept in Dubai. what to wear
- 13 Ethiopian Tour operators
- 14 visiting Ethiopia as a single female on a low budget
- 15 Tanzanian Tour Operators
- 16 electric devices
- 17 Flying from Florida to Dubai
- 18 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 19 Victoria Falls
- 20 Morocco--rent motorcycle without license
- 21 sahara desert
- 22 Erta Ale ETHIOPIA - any updates?
- 23 STONE TOWN hotel recommendation for 1/14/18
- 24 Feedback on 2-Week South Africa Itinerary?
- 25 Private driver in Morocco