1) I'm wondering where best to eat in Ruhengeri for a couple of nights -- some place with pretty fast service and western-style food. And is there a good/fast restaurant for lunch on the way to the Kigali airport from Butare? I've got a 5-hour drive that day and will definitely want to eat well before my onward transatlantic home.
2) I've been browsing the forums trying to get ahold of a street map of Ruhengeri (aka Musanze) to no avail. Has anyone got an old map they can scan out of an old guidebook?
Has anyone gone to Virunga Lodge for lunch recently -- how was the food?
3) Has anyone been to PNV in December/January -- how hot did it get on the trek, and what was the temp early morning and night? I've found some info on blogs where people complained it was very cold and damp -- just need to know what to pack.
4) I've got some new leather hiking boots which I'm breaking in for the trekking. They're not totally broken in yet, and though they aren't currently causing many problems, I want a backup pair. Need some advice here -- don't have too many options:
I've got some Nike trailrunners with decent (not great) treads, a bit better than regular running shoes. However, the toe part is not protected well -- I wanted a hard plastic stop, and the Nike one I can press in with my thumb. I wonder if these are still okay as a backup. Pls know I am very hard to fit, already in men's sizes (thus the poor fit), and running out of options (pardon the pun). The only other footwear I have are my Australian Blundstones, which have really no treads at all.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 MOZILLA THUNDERBIRD 1:855:843:8475 Tec*nical Sup0rt CONTACT 24by7
- 2 Check out Saint Lucia for Second Passport Today!!
- 3 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 4 Can one free lance In Victoria Falls?
- 5 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 6 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 7 South Africa in March
- 8 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 9 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 10 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 11 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 12 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 13 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 14 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 15 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 16 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 17 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 18 help me to visit Morocco
- 19 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 20 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 21 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 22 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 23 Morocco road condition
- 24 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 25 Fraudulent Safari Operator