With a great deal of help from this board, I have been finalizing plans for a trip to Uganda and Kenya next August. One of the the excursions my wife and I were most looking forward to was the chimpanzee habituation experience in Kibale Forest. Historically it has been offered as a full day excursion for $220, in contrast to the regular primate walks for $50.
I have heard from Lynn C that the habituation was being offered in August as recently as 2002, but my tour operator was told by the Uganda Wildlife Authority that it is now restricted to March, April, May, and November. The reason given was that the park rangers were too busy with the regular walks during highs season months. My operator advised me to appeal directly to the Director of Tourism Development.
I would really appreciate from all of the savvy travelers on this board on what type of arguments I could make in this matter. I was thinking of proposing some high season rate to offset the opportunity costs of the ranger's time etc or some flat rate independent of the group size. Any other ideas? Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Can one free lance In Victoria Falls?
- 2 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 3 South Africa in March
- 4 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 5 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 6 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 7 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 8 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 9 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 10 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 11 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 12 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 13 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 14 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 15 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 16 help me to visit Morocco
- 17 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 18 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 19 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 20 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 21 Morocco road condition
- 22 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 23 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 24 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
- 25 Where to visit in Wadi Rum