Good morning all
We are nearing our June 2018 safari to Kenya's Massai Mara. We have nearly all planning locked down - flights, hotels, camps, guides, clothes, shoes, and luggage.
However, we need help re: low-light, long-distance DSLR camera setup. All of our research indicates the following conditions and recommendations:
1. The majority of wildlife photography opportunities will occur in low-light and long-distance conditions (during the early morning and early evening game drives).
2. Use 2 DSLR setups to minimize the need for lens changes during game drives (avoid dust/dirt on the optics).
We have one Nikon DLSR with a 70-300mm F/4-5.6 zoom lens dedicated for med-full light and a variety of distances.
For the second DSLR we are considering a Canon 5D Mark IV with one of the following lenses. Since this is our first safari, and we are unsure of the degree of the lighting conditions and distances, we would greatly appreciate your feedback re: which of the following prime lenses is a best fit for these requirements:
Canon EF 200mm F/2L IS
Canon EF 200mm F/2.8L II
Canon EF 300mm F/2.8L IS II
Darryl & Catherine
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 HP printer 1800~681 7208 Installation Contact शिकार HP Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Sept in Dubai. what to wear
- 3 Ethiopian Tour operators
- 4 visiting Ethiopia as a single female on a low budget
- 5 Tanzanian Tour Operators
- 6 Lebanon Spring 2018
- 7 electric devices
- 8 Flying from Florida to Dubai
- 9 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 10 Victoria Falls
- 11 Morocco--rent motorcycle without license
- 12 sahara desert
- 13 Erta Ale ETHIOPIA - any updates?
- 14 STONE TOWN hotel recommendation for 1/14/18
- 15 Feedback on 2-Week South Africa Itinerary?
- 16 Private driver in Morocco
- 17 Private tours in Morocco
- 18 Morocco Expert Tours
- 19 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 20 Mid range hotel/lodge in Arusha
- 21 Kilimanjaro
- 22 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 23 Zanzibar Anyone?
- 24 help me to visit Morocco
- 25 Cape Town & wine country in July? Help...
Good morning all