My Swedish husband and I (I'm American in NY) would like to travel to Lebanon for a week in November of 2005. We've visited and enjoyed Egypt, Jordan, Syria, and Morocco (four different trips), but are a little anxious about Lebanon due to the murder of the former Prime Minister recently, and, of course, the Iraq war.
Can anyone offer a perspective of how safe it would be for a "mixed" couple(Swedish/American ) to travel independently (hire tour guides on our own) now? We landed in Jordan the day that the latest Palestinean Infitatada began in 2000, and I was exposed to a lot of anti-American vitriol (understandibly, I know), at least until I was able to difuse it with my own political views.
If anyone recommends the safety aspect, I would like to know of a good guide who could recommend travel agencies for day trip to the wonderful sites of Beirut.
Heather Linson and John Lindberg
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 infinite=AOL 1:800:681:7208 installations renewal CONTACT techh*
- 2 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 3 Sharm el Sheikh - Anyone been recently
- 4 Morocco 10 day Itinerary
- 5 Lebanon Spring 2018
- 6 Sept in Dubai. what to wear
- 7 Ethiopian Tour operators
- 8 visiting Ethiopia as a single female on a low budget
- 9 Tanzanian Tour Operators
- 10 electric devices
- 11 Flying from Florida to Dubai
- 12 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 13 Victoria Falls
- 14 Morocco--rent motorcycle without license
- 15 sahara desert
- 16 Erta Ale ETHIOPIA - any updates?
- 17 STONE TOWN hotel recommendation for 1/14/18
- 18 Feedback on 2-Week South Africa Itinerary?
- 19 Private driver in Morocco
- 20 Private tours in Morocco
- 21 Morocco Expert Tours
- 22 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 23 Mid range hotel/lodge in Arusha
- 24 Kilimanjaro
- 25 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report