I'm thinking of doing my first ever safari next year. I'm going with a group of friends and we've decided while we can't afford a 5 star experience, we definitely don't want to rough it either.
As a starting point I thought I'd come on here and find out if anybody has been on safari in both Kenya and South Africa and if so, which they preferred and why.
We're trying to select a destination based on people's experiences rather than travel guide book hype.
All we want is to see some animals and maybe some other local attractions, we're not bothered about nightlife or shopping.
If it's relevant, we're all keen amateur photographers too, so any tips around that would be great.
Any help is really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 https://michiganstatevsmaryland.football/
- 2 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 3 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 4 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 5 South Africa in March
- 6 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 7 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 8 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 9 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 10 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 11 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 12 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 13 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 14 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 15 help me to visit Morocco
- 16 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 17 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 18 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 19 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 20 Morocco road condition
- 21 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 22 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 23 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
- 24 Where to visit in Wadi Rum
- 25 Tour guide/ driver cost in Cape Town for a family of 4 fir 3 to 4 days