I'm planning a possible trip to Mauritius, the Seychelles or Bazaruto in Mozambique. My future parents in law have been to Mauritius and loved it, but their tastes in travel destinations are quite different from mine and my fiancé. I am having trouble working out if Mauritius can offer me the sort of holiday I'm looking for and how it compares to Bazaruto and the Seychelles..
Preferably I like deserted beaches, clear water, plenty of snorkelling, and am quite happy in rustic accommodation. Although a nice self catering or B& B suits me fine too. Not so keen on a huge hotel with a million tourists with kids hanging out.
I spent a month camping in Vilankulos in Mozambique and a few nights on Benguerra Island, which were amazing. Not so many people around, wonderful views, warm weather and great snorkelling and adventure.
I'd like to visit Mauritius but am worried that I wont be able to find the perfect deserted beach, and that its packed with tourists, which is not my cup of tea.
Another comparison perhaps would be Koh Phangan in Thailand, this island had a good combo of tourist areas, and the general amenities which go with them, restaurants, scooter rental etc, but it was also possible to get away from the crowds if you did a little trekking or took a boat to a secluded beach.
Can anyone give me a better idea of what Mauritius is like?
Another place I'd like to visit is the Seychelles, can anyone give me a comparison on that as well.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Sept in Dubai. what to wear
- 2 Ethiopian Tour operators
- 3 visiting Ethiopia as a single female on a low budget
- 4 Tanzanian Tour Operators
- 5 Lebanon Spring 2018
- 6 electric devices
- 7 Flying from Florida to Dubai
- 8 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 9 Victoria Falls
- 10 Morocco--rent motorcycle without license
- 11 sahara desert
- 12 Erta Ale ETHIOPIA - any updates?
- 13 STONE TOWN hotel recommendation for 1/14/18
- 14 Feedback on 2-Week South Africa Itinerary?
- 15 Private driver in Morocco
- 16 Private tours in Morocco
- 17 Morocco Expert Tours
- 18 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 19 Mid range hotel/lodge in Arusha
- 20 Kilimanjaro
- 21 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 22 Zanzibar Anyone?
- 23 help me to visit Morocco
- 24 Cape Town & wine country in July? Help...
- 25 Nairobi to Arusha -- By Shuttle, Bus, or Plane