1) This is a question for those who have travelled without a tour groups or in their own car--are bus and train tickets easy to come by a day before departure? Anything that I should book in advance?
2) Any regrets with independent traveling? More in terms of less easy access to some great destinations.
3) My itinerary will closely mimic that of G Adventures' 14-day tour but with an extra day or two to spare. I.e. Tehran -> Yazd -> Kerman -> Shiraz/Persepolis -> Abyaneh -> Isfahan -> Tehran. Any suggestions in terms of alterations to this? Main interests are culture, architecture and history.
4) Also, if anyone has been on the G Adventures tour, what is your take on it? I've never traveled in a tour group before, and the price seems to be triple that of what I can do by myself. My other reservation is that I would continue to experience the country largely through the eyes of fellow Westerners when traveling in the group...?
5) For those who have been recently, with all the talk about sanctions being lifted etc, are credit cards still a no go for every day travel things e.g. tickets, accommodation?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 2 Can one free lance In Victoria Falls?
- 3 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 4 South Africa in March
- 5 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 6 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 7 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 8 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 9 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 10 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 11 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 12 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 13 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 14 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 15 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 16 help me to visit Morocco
- 17 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 18 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 19 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 20 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 21 Morocco road condition
- 22 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 23 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 24 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
- 25 Where to visit in Wadi Rum