Hello Africa board,
I'm hoping some of you knowledgeable experts will be able to help me.
I started to devise an itinerary to Namibia about a year ago, as I was hoping at the time to visit the country in September 2004 with my mother and BF. Well, work got in the way and that trip went out the window
However, my BF and I have since got engaged, and we are now seriously considering Namibia for our honeymoon (also considering Malaysia and posted on the Asia board a while ago... still can't make our minds up!). We'd want to spend around 2 weeks overall (including travel from the UK), at the end of May/beginnning of June 2005.
We're looking to 'get away from it all' but still enjoy a good level of comfort. I'm usually happy to rough it a bit, but this *is* our honeymoon, so luxury is more important this time than it might usually be. Great wildlife viewing and scenery are other important factors.
At the moment, my tentative itinerary includes:
2 or 3 nights at Little Kulala (for some reason, this place appeals to me most out of all the Namib/Sossusvlei possibilities - but happy to consider other lodges in the area if they come highly recommended!)
1 night at Okonjima
2 or 3 nights at Ongava or Little Ongava
1 or 2 nights staying at one of the Etosha restcamps (mainly for the nighttime game viewing)
2 or 3 nights at Lianshulu Lodge in the Caprivi strip.
What I'm finding hardest to work out is the transportation side. Obviously, it's our honeymoon so we don't want to spend our entire time in a car driving manically from point A to B to C. We'd prefer to break up the trip with extra stops than drive long distances every other day.
Would it be completely illogical to drive from Windhoek to Little Kulala and back, and then Windhoek to Etosha via Okonjima? Looking at my roadmap of Namibia, it seems feasible. We'd then try and get a flight to the Caprivi area from Windhoek with Air Namibia rather than driving all the way there.
Any help, tips, anecdotes, recommendations, critiques, stories, experiences, good jokes, etc. much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 2 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 3 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 4 South Africa in March
- 5 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 6 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 7 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 8 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 9 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 10 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 11 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 12 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 13 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 14 help me to visit Morocco
- 15 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 16 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 17 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 18 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 19 Morocco road condition
- 20 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 21 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 22 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
- 23 Where to visit in Wadi Rum
- 24 Tour guide/ driver cost in Cape Town for a family of 4 fir 3 to 4 days
- 25 Chefchaouen Report
Hello Africa board,