I realize that the topic is a mouthful, but I suspect not an uncommon combo. My husband and I are planning a trip (our first) to Africa. I have been lurking Fodors for years, but due to unforeseen circumstances, may be forced to quickly plan our trip for this year--May/June would be ideal and we cannot go later than August.
I have talked to a couple of tour operators for sample itineraries when I thought we would have more planning time, but they have not been especially responsive. I cannot take the YF vaccine due to health reasons, but my husband can. For this reason I have been advised to travel to Tanzania first, then Rwanda and lastly, Kenya.
Also, I was told that gorilla permits are still available if purchased before June. I think Uganda is on the list if that is not true, because I would really like to have 2 days to visit the gorillas if possible.
Our time on the ground in Africa would be 14-15 days with a budget of 11-14k/2pp. We would prefer a private driver for safari and our focus is seeing a variety of as many animals that is humanly possible.
Questions: IS this crazy/unrealistic?
Recommended last minute tour operators/itinerary?
Are there any gorilla permits left for this year? How do I find out?
Thank you for patiently reading through this, and thanks for any ideas or recommendations you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 2 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 3 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 4 South Africa in March
- 5 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 6 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 7 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 8 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 9 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 10 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 11 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 12 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 13 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 14 help me to visit Morocco
- 15 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 16 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 17 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 18 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 19 Morocco road condition
- 20 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 21 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 22 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
- 23 Where to visit in Wadi Rum
- 24 Tour guide/ driver cost in Cape Town for a family of 4 fir 3 to 4 days
- 25 Chefchaouen Report
Help needed with Gorilla permits in Rwanda, Safari in Kenya and Tanzania