I'm hoping to gain some guidance. I am trying to book a safari in Kenya and Tanzania at the end of May/beginning of June to celebrate my 30th birthday. I love to travel and this is the trip of my dreams to mark a milestone year. My husband and I normally book on our own when we travel internationally, but this time I was a little hesitant and was thinking about using a travel agent. When I started researching itineraries through travel agents, it was killing me to pay so much more to go through them. I am now thinking about booking my own flights and going through a local safari agent to get the itinerary I want for hopefully a little less expensive. Has anyone ever had experience with this? I was looking at DK Grand Safaris, Natural World Safaris and Gamewatchers Safaris. Our budget isn't huge (ideally $3,000-$4,000 per person), but I was hoping that I could benefit by going in low season and since many people have had Ebola fears and have cancelled. I am looking for about a 12 day safari because I would like to spend some time around Nairobi before or after the safari (14-17 total, additional money spent on time in Nairobi area). Since this is the most exotic location we will have ever been to, I am so nervous and overwhelmed! Can anyone offer guidance regarding booking on your own vs. through an agent. Also, can you shed light on the best areas to visit during that time of year? Thank you all in advance. I greatly appreciate everything!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Verizon @ Password ReSet CONTACT 1:888:260:2909 Verizon Tec*h 24\7 care
- 2 6 day rough itinerary
- 3 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 4 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 5 Israel - West Bank, banksy, Jordan (Petra), or other 1 day tour advice
- 6 Can one free lance In Victoria Falls?
- 7 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 8 South Africa in March
- 9 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 10 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 11 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 12 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 13 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 14 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 15 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 16 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 17 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 18 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 19 help me to visit Morocco
- 20 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 21 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 22 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 23 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 24 Morocco road condition
- 25 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May