This is my first foray to the Africa forum and I hope I'm welcome. I am completely uninformed on all things African, especially in terms of tourism.
My employer takes a young man with fairly severe physical limitation to Europe each year, and I do the planning. This year, he wants to introduce the young man to Africa.
South Africa is their preferred destination.
Can anyone please give me an idea of where to start searching for airfare to South Africa? I presume that the OR Tambo Airport is what is should be looking at, but for all I know, this could be totally wrong.
I am also looking for a safari for at least the two men, maybe more. Since they are vegetarians, I don't think they want to shoot animals, just see them.
Our young man is extremely game, but as I said, there are limitations to what he can physically do. Climbing might be out. My employer is also an enthusiastic traveler, but he is 65 and has a heart condition. I guess all this means that I need to find them a somewhat gentle physical experience.
This seems overwhelming, and I'm going to order some books from the library, but I thought this was a good place to start.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 2 Can one free lance In Victoria Falls?
- 3 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 4 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 5 South Africa in March
- 6 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 7 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 8 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 9 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 10 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 11 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 12 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 13 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 14 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 15 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 16 help me to visit Morocco
- 17 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 18 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 19 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 20 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 21 Morocco road condition
- 22 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 23 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 24 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
- 25 Where to visit in Wadi Rum