We are in the initial planning stages for a September 2017 safari to South Africa. Our first trip to Africa was in 2006 to Kenya and Tanzania. With the generous help of the Fodor's posters we booked an amazing custom safari.
This time around there will be four adults, two will be travelling to Africa for the first time. The main purpose is to go on safari (interested in night drives, game walks) with a few days in Cape Town and a few days at a beach location to round off our 18 day SA holiday.
At this point we are trying to pull together the ‘skeleton’ and flow of the itinerary. One major issue is that all our flight connections fly into Johannesburg and in order to cut down on travel time, it looks like we will have to do the safari portion first. While we would prefer to save the safari until the end of the trip we don’t want to spend more time travelling then we have to.
This is what the itinerary looks like so far:
Day 1-2 Travel to JBG
Day 3-10 Safari 7 nights (Combination of Kruger or Sabi-Sand or Mala Mala)
Day 11- 15 Cape Town 4 nights
Day 15-18 Beach location 3 nights
Day 18 -19 Travel home
We would appreciate advice on the above itinerary. We are also looking for suggestion for beach locations.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Verizon @ Password ReSet CONTACT 1:888:260:2909 Verizon Tec*h 24\7 care
- 2 6 day rough itinerary
- 3 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 4 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 5 Israel - West Bank, banksy, Jordan (Petra), or other 1 day tour advice
- 6 Can one free lance In Victoria Falls?
- 7 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 8 South Africa in March
- 9 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 10 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 11 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 12 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 13 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 14 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 15 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 16 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 17 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 18 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 19 help me to visit Morocco
- 20 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 21 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 22 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 23 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 24 Morocco road condition
- 25 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.