I’m planning a solo, month-long trip to Ethiopia, trying to see as much as possible!
No concrete plans, yet…
It has to depend on costs…
I read in various postings, very contradicting prices for similar (?) tours.
Trying to make it in a rather budget cost (maybe 20-30 euro/day without package, and if doable, 10 e more for tour packages?).
I wonder first, which places of the country worths to visit by public transport (and do some day-trips around) so to manage some good sightseeing without package tours there...
besides that, it seems that it is necessary to book tours (eg for Omo) but the costs vary big money.
Maybe for some agencies, it is because of higher level of service, but for others, could they also be inflated prices for 'dummy tourists'?
It would be great if it was enough to spend a couple of days in Addis Ababa and manage to book good value tours. Do you think this is the case?
Or maybe needs more time for in depth research...?
Any recommendations, experiences, costs, would help a lot guys!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 2 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 3 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 4 South Africa in March
- 5 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 6 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 7 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 8 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 9 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 10 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 11 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 12 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 13 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 14 help me to visit Morocco
- 15 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 16 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 17 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 18 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 19 Morocco road condition
- 20 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 21 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 22 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
- 23 Where to visit in Wadi Rum
- 24 Tour guide/ driver cost in Cape Town for a family of 4 fir 3 to 4 days
- 25 Chefchaouen Report