We are visiting Greece in May 2013. Since we are taking Egypt Airways (and there is a minimum 22 hr layover in Cairo), we are thinking of stopping in Cairo for 2/3 nights before going to Athens (reaching Cairo at 1.30 pm and flight out from Cairo is at 10.30 am). Since there won't be time to see Luxor/Alexandria, we will stick to Cairo only. My questions are :
1) How many days should be enough for Cairo - 1.5 or 2.5 ? So far, I have planned to see the Pyramids in Giza, the Sphinx, the Egyptian Museum, the Khan-el-Khalili market and the Cairo Tower. I am assuming that we can do the Egyptian museum on the day we arrive followed by Khan-el-khalili. The next day we could do the Pyramids and Sphinx.
2) The other interesting options are Coptic Cairo, Mohammed Ali Mosque, Mosque of Ibn Tulun and the Sound and Light show at the Pyramids. Are these unmissable ? Am I missing out on anything else ?
3) Is the Egyptian museum open on Fridays ?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 शिकार TOSHIBA PRINTER 18OO:681 :72O8 CONTACTTOSHIBA Techh care
- 2 Safety in Johannesburg
- 3 South Africa: WESTERN CAPE in spring: Need HELP getting addicted!
- 4 Morocco 10 day Itinerary
- 5 Qatar to Iran
- 6 Sharm el Sheikh - Anyone been recently
- 7 Lebanon Spring 2018
- 8 Sept in Dubai. what to wear
- 9 Ethiopian Tour operators
- 10 visiting Ethiopia as a single female on a low budget
- 11 Tanzanian Tour Operators
- 12 electric devices
- 13 Flying from Florida to Dubai
- 14 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 15 Victoria Falls
- 16 Morocco--rent motorcycle without license
- 17 sahara desert
- 18 Erta Ale ETHIOPIA - any updates?
- 19 STONE TOWN hotel recommendation for 1/14/18
- 20 Feedback on 2-Week South Africa Itinerary?
- 21 Private driver in Morocco
- 22 Private tours in Morocco
- 23 Morocco Expert Tours
- 24 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 25 Mid range hotel/lodge in Arusha